This time of year, it’s pumpkin spice everything, but let’s not forget the seeds. And pumpkin seeds together with chocolate – amazing! This Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Bark is made with just 3 ingredients and it’s Paleo, gluten-free, and vegan. It’s the perfect snack for those crisp autumn days or any day of the year!
Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Bark [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo]
- 9 ounces Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sprinkle Sea Salt
- If using raw seeds, pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Lay the raw pumpkin seeds out on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
- In a double boiler or glass container, add the chocolate and Olive Oil. Heat until melted (if using a microwave, start at 1 minute, stir, then 30 seconds). Whisk chocolate until smooth.
- Line a 7x11-inch casserole dish (or 9x13) with parchment paper. Pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper.
- Place the roasted pumpkin seeds on top of the chocolate until you have as many as you want. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in the refrigerator for one hour. The easiest way to break apart is to place the chocolate in between two pieces of parchment, and then place upside down on a cutting board. Pound gently with a mallet until the pieces are broken.
- Keep refrigerated when not eating.