These homemade seed crackers come loaded with protein, essential fatty acids, calcium and fiber. Seeds may vary with taste, but feel free to use whatever you'd like. Make sure to keep flax and chia seeds though! These stay good for a while, but they will probably go pretty fast. They're so delicious! Dip these homemade seed crackers in hummus, guac, or any dip of choice. You can also snack on them on their own. They're so easy and tasty––you have to try them!
Seed Crackers [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, etc)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. In a measuring cup, mix water and oil. Add to dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Let the batter stand for 30 minutes, so the chia seeds can absorb moisture.
- Between two sheets of parchment paper, roll out the dough evenly and as thin as possible. Remove top baking paper. With a knife, cut the dough into desired shapes. Transfer onto baking sheet (with bottom parchment paper).
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before breaking them up at pre-cut edges.