This recipe features a choice of two previously-made raw vegan granolas and a berry-cashew cream. It makes an excellent breakfast, a tasty snack, or a healthy dessert. In other words, be sure to bookmark it!
Parfait With Berry-Cashew Cream and Homemade Granola [Vegan, Raw]
- 2 cups cashews (soaked 4-6 hours)
- 1 1/2 cups berries (blueberries, strawberries)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- In a high-speed blender, combine the soaked cashews, berries, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla powder, lemon juice, and sea salt. Blend 2-3 minutes, or until smooth and creamy. (I prefer the Vitamix blender)
- Taste and adjust the flavors as needed. Sometimes, the “correct” amount of ingredients doesn’t always yield a perfect-tasting recipe. When you are satisfied with the cream, transfer it to an airtight container and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (the cream will “set,” making it more delicious).
- Make the Parfait: When you are ready to make the breakfast or tasty snack, set out 4-8 parfait glasses. Spoon your choice of granola, followed by a sprinkling of chopped fruit, then a dollop of the cashew cream. Repeat this step until you reach the top of the glass.
- Finish by garnishing the parfait with granola and a sprinkle of cinnamon.