This nut-free, gluten-free, and grain-free coconut hemp seed granola is a much healthier alternative to the store-bought sugar-loaded version. It’s lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup and includes a variety of nourishing seeds and coconut flakes. Feel free to play around with the ingredients and substitute with nuts if you wish.
Grain-Free Coconut Hemp Seed Granola [Vegan, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free]
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl and toss to evenly coat the coconut and seeds with spices.
- Pour in the vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut oil and stir to combine. Spread mixture evenly on the lined baking dish and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until crisp and golden-brown around the edges, turning the dish half-way for even cooking.
- Let it cool completely before breaking it up into clusters.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for a few weeks or in the freezer for months.