If you’re an athlete specifically interested in bodybuilding or looking to eat a higher protein diet to build muscle and gain strength, this plan is for you. It focuses on higher amounts of plant-based proteins, quality whole food carbohydrates, whole-food based fats, and a variety of clean, plant-based foods. This meal plan is slightly higher in calories than our regular vegan athlete plan, since it’s designed to feed muscle needs and growth. No whey needed here! Try our plant-based eating plan to pump up your muscles the plant-based way!
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App – with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
Recommended Resources to Eat Like an Athlete:
Curious about other ways to get enough protein on a vegan diet? Check out the following resources:
- 25 Delicious Vegan Sources of Protein (The Ultimate Guide!)
- Sample Meal Plans for the Female Vegan Athlete
- 5 Plant-Based Foods that Will Help You Build Muscle
- 5 Clean Muscle-Building Foods for Athletes That Are All-Vegan
- 15 Clean, Vegan Protein Powders That Prove Protein is Way Better Without Whey
- Athletic Performance Problems That Can be Helped by Eating Plant-Based
- 10 Must-Read Articles For Plant-Based Athletes
- 5 Plant-Based Athletes That Blow the Protein Myth Out of the Water
- Plant-Based Weekly Meal Plan By Diet: ENDURANCE ATHLETE MENU
- Common Benefits Athletes Experience When Switching to a Vegan Diet
- What Do Vegan Athletes Eat?
- An Endurance Athletes Guide to Preparing and Eating Vegan Food
- The Ultimate Guide to Being a Vegan Athlete!
- 10 Tips on Eating Plant-Strong for Athletic Performance
- 10 Amazing Athletes that Eat Plant-Powered for Performance
- The Best Fitness Aids for Plant-Based Athletes
- How to Make Your Own Energy Gels For Endurance Athletics
- Eating for Endurance: 15 High Carb, High Protein Products to Fuel Your Workout
- 15 Protein-Packed Vegan Recipes That Feature Beans, Chickpeas, Lentils, and More Pulses!
- 15 Easy High-Protein Tofu Recipes That are So(y) Tasty!
- Anti-Inflammatory Herbs and Spices for Athletes
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods for the Vegan Athlete
BONUS Recommendation: Download Food Monster App For Amazing Plant-Based Recipes!
We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! it’s a brilliant food app and a great resource for anyone looking to cut out or reduce allergens like meat, dairy, soy, gluten, eggs, grains, and more! You can also make meal plans, add bookmarks, read feature stories, and browse recipes across hundreds of categories like diet, cuisine, meal type, occasion, ingredient, popular, seasonal, and so much more!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter!
Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!