The broccoli noodles are easy to make (you just boil them for 2-3 minutes) and they add a nice crunchy texture to complement the otherwise soft, fluffiness of the tofu.
Tofu Scramble With Broccoli Noodles [Vegan]
- 2 broccoli stems, spiralized (florets saved for future use)
- 1 14oz block of extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the broccoli noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes or until broccoli noodles are al dente.
- While the broccoli cooks, place the tofu on a plate lined with paper towels. Using a fork, smash the tofu until it crumbles. Blot the top with paper towels to remove as much excess moisture as possible. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the onion, garlic and peppers. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables soften. Add in the cumin, stir for 1 minute and then add in the tofu, broccoli noodles, turmeric and nutritional yeast flakes. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the tofu is heated through.
- Serve warm.