This recipe couldn’t be easier and it’s made without sugar and without oil. This is what cancer-fighting whole foods looks like. And it tastes even better.
Sweet Potato Apple Pie Ice Cream [Vegan]
4 - 6
- 3 bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 sweet apple (such as Honeycrisp), cored, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato, cut into chunks and frozen
- 5 dates, chopped and soaked in water for about 15 minutes; drained
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- A pinch of allspice
- 4 tbsp. rolled oats
- 4 tbsp. chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
Make the streusel
- In a small pan, lightly toast the rolled oats and the pecans.
- Remove from the heat and put into a small bowl.
- Stir in the maple syrup.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Combine all of the ice cream ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until very smooth and creamy. This requires some patience and much stirring with a spatula to move the frozen chunks around. It will eventually become soft and silky.
- Divide ice cream into bowls and top generously with streusel. Consume immediately!
- Sweet Potato
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile