It’s the ultimate raw pie recipe. The best of the best. I know, I’m too modest… The inspiration behind it came when I saw a photo of a Pavlova cake. It’s basically white meringue base, topped with whipped cream and berries. Nothing hard, but so fancy. I even found a vegan meringue mix, but then it turned out that the Australian company making it is nowhere to be found in Europe. I didn’t give up, but I wanted it right now, so I started thinking of the alternatives. Raw pie sounded like one. I found the best whipped cream recipe made from coconut. Then created a white pie base, using peeled almonds and cashew nuts. And added the finishing touches – the homemade blueberry jam and the fresh berries. It turned out so good that it’s almost impossible to stop eating it. It's the ultimate pie recipe, I’m not joking here. Try it for yourself, you won’t regret it.
The Ultimate Raw Pie [Vegan]
- 1 cup soaked and peeled almonds
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup liquid sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1-2 cups home made blueberry jam
- 1 can coconut milk/cream
- 1/3 vanilla bean
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup mixed berries
- Soak the almonds for 24 hours and peel them if you want white pie base.
- Pour everything in the food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes, until it starts sticking together and form a ball. If your sweetener is not liquid, add a little bit of water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces for 5″ | 13 cm pie forms.
- Place plastic foil in the pie forms, wet your hands and spread the dough in the forms.
- Dehydrate for 18 hours at 115°F / 46°C. At some point remove the base from the pie forms to dehydrate it evenly, I did it after 12 hours to make sure it’s hard enough and won’t collapse.
- My personal advice for the jam is to use the vegan cooked version of it, it’s just too good to skip. But if you want to keep it all raw, dehydrate your jam with the base. Both recipes are here.
- You can beat it with your food processor, but do it at least for 3-4 minutes. I whipped it for only 2 and it’s a bit too liquid. Also it will help if you place the bowl for 1-2 hours in the fridge before and after whipping the cream.
- Spread the jam on the base, do it carefully using 2 spoons.
- Add the whipped cream on top.
- Top with fresh berries.
- Enjoy the raw pie moderately. It’s addictive.
- Grain-Free Flour