Craving summer produce? Well, summer is right around the corner and what better way to revamping your meals! Summer is the perfect time to take advantage of all the fruits and vegetables that are in season! Summer fruits and vegetables include tomatoes, strawberries, cucumbers, sweet peppers like red, yellow, and green bell peppers, and berries, avocado and corn. All of these foods are fresh and wonderful, and perfect for the summer. You can even try pickling your produce, too!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you ways to eat and enjoy summer produce for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert that are fully vegan and plant-based!
These breakfasts are filling and wonderful to start your day with! You can make delicious flapjacks or make waffles and top them with your favorite summer fruit! If you’re not in the mood for something else, you can top your oatmeal with fruit or even have it on the side with your tofu scramble.
- Cherry Bakewell Flapjacks by Holly Jade
- Coconut Cucumber Smoothie by The 25 Day Ayurveda Cleanse, by Kerry Harling
- Peaches and Cream Crêpes by Aaliyah Jenkins
- Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes With Coconut Whipped Cream by Kennedy Kitchings
- Summer Stone Fruit Waffles by Jessica Bose
- Spring Pea and Arugula Pasta Salad by Caroline Doucet
- Swiss Chard Summer Roll With Citrus Soy-Marinated Tofu by Linda Ly
- Basil Cucumber Gazpacho by Kristina Jug & Mitja Bezenšek
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sesame Soba by Stephanie McKinnie
- Arugula and Strawberry Salad with Cayenne Lemon Vinaigrette by Daniela Modesto
Source: Watermelon Quinoa Kale Salad
It’s the time of year to start putting fruit in your salads! But that’s the only way to enjoy fresh and delicious dinner meals. You can eat stuffed bell peppers, or even make a pasta salad. Feel free to mix up your salad game and do a cucumber salad or even a corn and avocado one!
- Watermelon Quinoa Kale Salad by Lauren Kirchmaier
- Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers by Koko Brill
- Roasted Corn and Avocado Salad by Nita Ragoonanan
- Green Beans with Lemon Dressing by Melissa Tedesco
- Plant Protein Pasta Salad Bowl by Nikki and Zuzana
The best way to enjoy summer produce for dessert is to eat it fresh and with your favorite topping! You can also cook down the fruits or veggies and bake them into pies, cookies, and cheesecake. We’ve got just the way to do it with these pies and these strawberry crumble cookies!
- Brownie Torte With Cherries and Cheesecake Topping by Lisa Dobler
- Summer Stone Fruit Pie by Annie McGee
- Peaches N Cream Milkshake by Crissy Cavanaugh
- 4-Ingredient Strawberry Ice Cream by Sarah Aldrich
- Strawberry Crumble Cookies With Vanilla Bean Glaze by Angelina Papanikolaou
There are so many ways to incorporate summer fruits and vegetables in your snacks for this week! From a wonderfully fresh bruschetta to salsa and homemade corn chips, there is no better way to enjoy these fresh recipe!
- Tomato Basil Bruschetta by Melissa Tedesco
- Mango Cucumber Relish by Nita Ragoonanan
- Red Pepper Hummus by Kelly Jaggers
- Black Beans with Corn and Tomato Relish by Kelly Jaggers
- Oil-Free Chili Lime Spiked Corn Chips by Molly Patrick
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.