Fresh light summer salad popping with juicy watermelon, heirloom tomato, cucumber, quinoa, mint, and roasted sunflower seeds. Perfect for summer lunch!
Watermelon Quinoa Kale Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Watermelon Quinoa Kale Salad [Vegan]
- One bunch of kale, rinsed and chopped
- Drizzle of avocado oil
- Squeeze of lemon
- Himalayan sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raw or roasted sunflower seeds
- 3–4 cups cubed watermelon, seeds removed
- 1 large or 2 small heirloom tomatoes, diced
- Handful of mint leaves, torn
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup herbed nut cheese, crumbled (optional)
How to Prepare Watermelon Quinoa Kale Salad [Vegan]
- First, prepare the quinoa according to package instructions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, wash and chop the fruit and vegetables and set them aside.
- Add torn kale to a large bowl and drizzle a tiny bit of avocado oil and a squeeze of lemon. Massage the kale with your hands to soften the kale. Season with Himalayan sea salt and black pepper and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to break down to leaves.
- While the kale is marinating, dice the watermelon into 1″ cubes, slice the cucumber finely with a mandoline slicer, dice the tomato and set it aside for assembly.
- To assemble the salad, divide the massaged kale between bowls and toss with cooked quinoa, cucumber, optional herbed nut cheese, watermelon, sunflower seeds, and fresh mint.
- Top with sunflower seeds and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers separately in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.