You may think of crêpe making as a finicky task best left to the professional, but this recipe makes cooking the French breakfast food simple! They only require 10-ingredients and are a perfect mixture of sweet and tart. These crêpes are taken to the next level thanks to the peach and brown sugar filling and the delightfully fluffy vegan cream topping.
Peaches and Cream Crêpes [Vegan]
For the Filling:
- 2 large peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the Crêpes:
- 1 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- Pinch salt
- In a medium saucepot, add sliced peaches and water. Bring to a light boil.
- When boiling, add brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook until peaches are soft about 7-10 minutes. Once peaches have cooked down, add 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water to the hot mixture and stir until the mixture is slightly thickened. Set peach mixture aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together crepe ingredients until well combined.
- When skillet is skillet is hot, lightly grease the skillet and pour about a 1/2 cup of batter into the pan. Swirl the pan around so the batter spreads out into larger circle. The crepe should be pretty thin, but still thick enough so that it doesn't fall apart. If you need to you can add extra liquid or flour to achieve a better consistency. It should be a pourable consistency, a little bit thinner than a pancake batter.
- Cook for about two minutes on each side or until the edges curl away from the pan.
- Fill half the crepe with the peach filling and fold over twice for triangle crepes. Alternatively, you could add filling and roll the crepes like enchiladas. Top with your cream of choice and powdered sugar, if desired.