This spring pea and arugula pasta salad is the very definition of a spring recipe. It’s packed with peas, arugula, feta and a light lemon vinaigrette. It’s perfect for picnics, potlucks, a family bbq or just a light lunch. Add chickpeas for a protein boost.
Spring Pea and Arugula Pasta Salad [Vegan]
- 4 cups dry pasta (I used fusilli)
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup vegan feta, crumbled
- 2 cups argugula
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta according to the package’s instructions. In the last minute of cooking, add the frozen or fresh peas to thaw and lightly cook. When done cooking, pass under cold water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette: In a small bowl or jar, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients. You can use a mason jar, cover and shake.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, toss together the cooked pasta and peas, vinaigrette, arugula and vegan cheese together. Serve cold.