Ripe tomatoes, good quality olive oil and fresh basil make for an intricately flavored yet delicate starter or snack.
Tomato Basil Bruschetta [Vegan]
- 5 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- bread, sliced and toasted
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, basil, and salt and pepper. Mix well and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Toast your bread. Slice a small piece off the side of your peeled garlic clove and rub onto the toasted bread.
- Top your toast with the tomato mixture.
- Add a basil leaf on top as a garnish