This is easily one of the quickest and tastiest meals you will pull off all week - swapping the traditional thick sauce gluten pasta dish for a lighter and super nourishing weeknight meal.
Plant Protein Pasta Salad Bowl [Vegan]
For the Pasta Salad:
- 4 oz red lentil pasta
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 2 cups kale destemmed and chopped
- 1 cup cooked black lentils (1/2 cup dry cooked in 1 cup water)
- 4 cups greens of your choice spinach, arugula, mixed greens
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs of your choice parsley, cilantro, basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Medjool date pitted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water to thin
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and run through cold water. Add drained pasta into a large bowl together with the remaining salad ingredients.
Now prepare the dressing by placing all the dressing ingredients into a high-speed blender or small food processor. Process until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
Pour as much dressing as you desire over pasta salad ingredients and mix well.
Serve immediately or potion the salad between 2 glass storage containers and keep in the fridge until ready to eat. It will last for up to 3 days.
Store any remaining dressing in an airtight glass container in the fridge. It will last for 3-5 days.