Sweet, summery waffles that will be the perfect way to start your day!
Summer Stone Fruit Waffles [Vegan]
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal + 3 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1-3/4 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1-1/3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 white peaches
- 1 red plum
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Make the flax egg by combining flax meal with water. Stir with a fork and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine oat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla, and the gelatinized flax egg.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until well incorporated.
- Dice the white peaches, leaving 1/4 uncut for the topping. Then, fold the diced peaches into the batter.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes; meanwhile, plug in your waffle iron and turn it on to medium-high heat.
- Spray the preheated waffles maker with pan spray and pour the waffle batter into the iron. Cook according to your waffle iron's directions.
- While the waffles are cooking, toast the walnuts in a skillet over the stove for 2-3 minutes. Next, slice the plum and reserved white peach for topping.
- Stack your waffles, top with sliced peaches and plums, and sprinkle toasted walnuts. Lastly, drizzle with maple syrup or honey and enjoy!