Crispy, crunchy corn chips that are 100 percent free from oil! These chili lime spiked chips are perfect for those who are trying to eat more whole, plant-based foods but don't want to give up on crunchy snacks. Lime and chili powder pair perfectly together. Then, all you need is the dip! These pair well with creamy dips like hummus or with low-salt salsa.
Oil-Free Chili Lime Spiked Corn Chips [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 corn tortillas (either 100 percent corn or sprouted corn)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, water, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
- On a cutting board, place 1 corn tortilla. Using a basting brush, brush both sides with the chili lime mixture. Stack another corn tortilla on top and brush both sides with the chili lime mixture. Continue stacking and brushing on the chili lime mix until all 6 tortillas are in a stack.
- Using a large knife, cut the stack into six wedges/chips (like a pie or a pizza). Note: You should have 36 wedges when done.
- Place the wedges/chips on two parchment covered baking sheets so they aren't touching each other. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip the wedges over and bake an additional 8-10 minutes, until they are golden and crispy. If using sprouted corn tortillas, they might need the full 10 minutes.
- Cool and then store in an airtight container on your counter.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile