When it comes to dips, there are so many ways to make them! You can use beans as a base and create hummus or a bean dip, or you could use vegan mayo as a base and create siracha mayo and salad dressings. However, a wonderful way to create a delicious dip is by using nondairy plain yogurt as a base. And best of all, you can get or even make your non-dairy yogurt at home.
If you don’t have yogurt on hand and are looking for a quick and easy replacement, you can try using silken tofu or even create your yogurt using tofu!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives! And check out our Dessert Archives for even more ideas!
This week, we’re bringing delicious, fully vegan, and plant-based ways to enjoy delicious yogurt-based recipes!
These yogurt sauces are wonderful to enjoy over roasted vegetables or burgers! There’s so much versatility with using plain non-dairy yogurt so feel free to get in the kitchen, chop up some herbs, and experiment with flavor combinations that you might enjoy.
- Roasted Root Vegetables on Quinoa With Yogurt Sauce by Cathy Elton
- Mushroom Rice Stuffed Peppers with Tahini-Yogurt Sauce by Teri Macovei
- Plum and Radicchio Salad with Tahini Yogurt Dressing by Desiree Nielsen
- Grilled Eggplant Salad With Lentils and Sesame Yogurt by Judy Moosmueller
- 15-Minute Sweet Stuffed Ramiro Peppers With Salted Lemon Yogurt by 15 Minute Vegan: Fast, Modern Vegan Cooking
- Zucchini Fritters With Citrus Yogurt Sauce by Natalie Yonan
- Chickpea Burger With Curried Yogurt Sauce by Pavani Nandula
Using a yogurt dip adds a cooling taste to savory foods. The tangier your yogurt, the more sharp the taste will be in your final dish. The best part about using a yogurt dip is that you can customize it and use it in a variety of recipes. For the wraps, feel free to add the dressing inside or use it in a dip!
- Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus Salad with Yogurt Lemon-Dill Dressing by Teri Macovei
- Grilled Kofte Wraps by America’s Test Kitchen
- Grilled Cauliflower Doner Wraps by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez
- Indian 7-Layer Dip by Taylor Kiser
- Tzatziki by Julie Zimmer
Sweet Yogurt Recipes
Source: Passionfruit Yogurt Slice
If you’re not a fan of using plain yogurt and still want to experiment with a sweeter yogurt taste, these recipes have you covered! You can create so much using vanilla or flavored non-dairy yogurt. You can make it to create delicious yogurt bark and you can even flavor it with fruit or chocolate! You can make popsicles, quick bread, and other cakes.
- Wild Raspberry Waffles with Hemp Yogurt and Candied Seeds by Lauren Lovatt
- French Yogurt Cake with Strawberries and Cream by Julie Zimmer
- Neapolitan Yogurt Breakfast Bites by Holly Jade
- Passionfruit Yogurt Slice by Kirsten Kaminski
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental well-being, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, and prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.