These breakfast bites not only taste fantastic, they will look great on your social media feeds. The classic pairing of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry all mix together and create an almost ice-cream texture and flavor. These yogurt breakfast bites make it easy to get out of bed in the morning ... or for a late night snack.
Neapolitan Yogurt Breakfast Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Chocolate Layer:
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
- Place the plain yogurt in a mixing bowl along with the cacao powder and mix them together.
- Pour the mixture into your cake cases and pop them into the freezer to set.
To Make the Strawberry Layer:
- Wash and chop the strawberries and place then into a small saucepan along with the lemon juice and heat the ingredients gently.
- When the strawberries begin to soften, mash them with a potato masher.
- Leave on a low heat and reduce them down until the mixture is around 1/3 of the original. Keep stirring so the mixture doesn't stick to the pan.
- Transfer the soft strawberries into a food blender and blend them until they are smooth.
- Place them back into the pan and turn up the heat until the mixture reduces down.
- Place the strawberry mixture into a bowl, add in the yogurt and mix everything together.
- Pour onto the chocolate layer and pop them back into the freezer.
To Make the Vanilla Layer:
- Open the can of coconut cream and drain out the liquid, you only want the cream.
- Place the coconut cream into a bowl and add in the vanilla. Mix them well.
- Spread the cream onto the strawberry layer and even out
- Pop back into the freezer to set fully. This will take around 4-6 hours.
You may want to top your cups with some or all of these ingredients: -Gluten-free oats -Cacao nibs -Cacao powder -Fresh strawberries