These fritters are unbelievably easy to make, vegan, gluten-free, and the perfect way to sneak some extra veggies into your diet. If you are craving something delicious but not fried, these healthier fritters are the perfect meal or snack. You may think zucchini can be a little bit tasteless, but these fritters are seasoned with garlic and parley which makes them super flavorful!
Zucchini Fritters With Citrus Yogurt Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Zucchini Fritters:
- 4 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 handful parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground chia (or flax meal) and 6 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Citrus Yogurt:
- 1 cup vegan yogurt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Grate 2 big zucchinis (or enough to fill 4 cups). Add the grated zucchini to a cheesecloth/nut-milk bag or thin kitchen towel in a colander over your kitchen sink. Sprinkle with the 1 teaspoon of salt and leave to drain for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, squeeze as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible. This is a crucial step for your fritters to become firm and not soggy!
- Prepare the chia eggs by mixing the chia flour and the water in a separate small bowl and leave for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the drained zucchini and the chia eggs to a bowl and mix in all the other ingredients until combined.
- Form fritters and slightly flatten them on a baking sheet with your fingers until you get about 9 of them. Make sure to use some oil or baking paper under the fritters.
- Brush the fritters with some olive oil.
- Bake in the oven on 390°F for 15-17 minutes.
- Make citrus yogurt sauce by mixing together all sauce ingredients.