This warm vegetable salad doesn't only bring rich, earthy colors to the plate but also warming and creamy textures. Coriander and pomegranate add a little bit of zestyness and are loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C.
Grilled Eggplant Salad With Lentils and Sesame Yogurt [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 2 eggplant
- 2 cups of cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsley chopped coriander, parsley and mint
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive oil
- Heat ghee in a cast iron skillet and fry eggplant on both sides until golden brown.
- Combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar and onions in a bowl, add warmed lentils. (You can use freshly cooked or leftovers).
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Before serving toss eggplant, pomegranate and herbs through lentils and arrange on a platter.
- Serve warm with dressing on the side.