Imagine a crunchy chocolate base, naturally sweetened with gooey dates, followed by a creamy sweet-tangy vegan yogurt layer and topped with delicious passionfruit. This whole dessert feels and tastes so tropical it’ll immediately transport you to palm trees and the ocean… almost!
Passionfruit Yogurt Slice [Vegan]
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup soft dates (I used bukari)
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1 cup mango soy yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut butter/oil, melted
- 1/2 cup mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 3-4 passion fruits
- Place the oats, cacao powder and coconut into a blender or food processor and pulse until crumbly. Add in the dates and blend until you have a sticky yet crumbly dough.
- Line a square brownie tin with parchment paper and transfer the base into the bottom. Press down evenly and set aside.
- Place all the filling ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for 30-40 seconds until completely smooth. Pour over the base and even out with a spatula
- Transfer to the freezer to firm for 4-5 hours (or overnight), then cut into squares and top with passionfruit. Let defrost for 10 minutes before serving.