This recipe is simple, easy, and only calls for three ingredients. You will come out with a deliciously creamy coconut greek yogurt that is perfect for making smoothies, parfaits, or just for eating plain.
Homemade Coconut Greek Yogurt [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 14-ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons guar gum
- 2-4 tablespoons plain, unsweetened coconut yogurt
- Add the coconut milk to a medium pot with the tapioca and stir it with a balloon whisk until the tapioca is fully incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir while it warms up and thickens. It's important to keep stirring or you will get lumps in the mix from the tapioca.
- Once it's reached a thick consistency, turn off the heat and set the pot aside to cool to body temperature
- Pour the mix into the jar or jars, put the lid(s) on loosely, then place it in a dehydrator at 86°F degrees for 24 hours.
Sterilization is incredibly important when making yogurt. Be sure you boil all your utensils and jars before you start. It's also important to ensure that your starter yoghurt it a plain, natural set yoghurt without, sweeteners, flavours, additives or preservatives and contain live and healthy bacteria that has not been double dipped!!
- Coconut Milk