This recipe is simple, easy, and only calls for three ingredients. You will come out with a deliciously creamy coconut greek yogurt that is perfect for making smoothies, parfaits, or just for eating plain.
Homemade Coconut Greek Yogurt [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Homemade Coconut Greek Yogurt [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 14-ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 2-4 tablespoons plain, unsweetened coconut yogurt
How to Prepare Homemade Coconut Greek Yogurt [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Add the coconut milk to a medium pot with the tapioca and stir it with a balloon whisk until the tapioca is fully incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir while it warms up and thickens. It's important to keep stirring or you will get lumps in the mix from the tapioca.
- Once it's reached a thick consistency, turn off the heat and set the pot aside to cool to body temperature
- Pour the mix into the jar or jars, put the lid(s) on loosely, then place it in a dehydrator at 86°F degrees for 24 hours.
Sterilization is incredibly important when making yogurt. Be sure you boil all your utensils and jars before you start. It's also important to ensure that your starter yoghurt it a plain, natural set yoghurt without, sweeteners, flavours, additives or preservatives and contain live and healthy bacteria that has not been double dipped!!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Coconut Milk
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 791 | Total Carbs: 30 g | Total Fat: 73 g | Total Protein: 0 g | Total Sodium: 99 g | Total Sugar: 6 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.