A moist & fluffy cake, with vegan yogurt as a not-so-secret ingredient! This Vegan Yogurt Cake recipe is pretty simple; just make the wet mixture in one bowl and sift in the dry ingredients; whisk everything together, pour into your cake pan, and bake! The steps & clean up process is pretty minimal, so you don’t really have an excuse not to make this cake for dessert (or breakfast). Enjoy!
Yogurt Bundt Cake [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar / dry sweetener of choice, adjust depending on sweetness of the yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour, or use gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients, including sugar. Adjust the amount of sugar (between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup) depending on the sweetness of your vegan yogurt.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and fold until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake tin, then bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown & an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.