Transform cauliflower into a flavorful, Indian delight with this recipe. Simply cut the cauliflower into florets and fry them until they are golden brown along with turmeric, coriander, curry powder, raisins, and cashews. This light, nutty, unique, and easy-to-make dish will become a weeknight favorite!
Indian Pan Fried Cauliflower and Cashews [Vegan]
- 1 head of cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 1 cup raisins, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cashews, roasted or raw
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to an ice bath until chilled. Drain and dry completely with paper towels.
- Heat the pan. Add 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Add cauliflower florets and fry until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add cashews, raisins, turmeric, black pepper, and curry powder. Shake over cauliflower and mix well to coat. Fry until cashew becomes lightly browned and turn the heat off. When serving sprinkle the dish with fresh cilantro.