Who says pizza dough can only be used for making pies? Try something new and make these fun pizza dough twists. You could sprinkle them with all sorts of herbs, but this particular recipe calls for plenty of parsley and garlic. Buttery and fluffy, these are addictively good on their own or you could pair them with a tasty dip for the ultimate appetizer or snack.
Parsley Sesame Pizza Dough Twists [Vegan]
- 1 16-ounce package of pizza dough
- Flour, for work surface
- 4 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Non-dairy milk or cream, for brushing
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 347°F.
- Roll the pizza dough out onto a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin.
- The rolled should be about 1/4-inch thick. Cut the edges to make it a perfect square.
- In a small bowl, add parsley, melted butter, garlic powder, and salt.
- Brush the entire surface of the dough with parsley butter mixture.
- Cut the dough in half lengthwise. Cut width-wise into a 1/2-inch strip of dough, making 16 strips.
- Twist each strip multiple times. Leave a few inches between each twist.
- Brush with non-dairy milk or cream and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until pale golden and the dough is crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving. Serve.