Ground pistachios and almonds give this tofu extra flavor and a delightful crunchy coating. You can have this nutty tofu as an entree for dinner, put it in a sandwich, or use it to top a salad -- it's super versatile!
Pistachio Almond Tofu [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup almond meal (flour)
- 1 chickpea flour egg (1/4 cup chickpea flour + 1/4 cup filtered water)
- Press the tofu for as long as you have time for. Cut into 4 pieces.
- Grind the pistachio nuts in a food processor just until they are crumbs. Pour them onto a plate and mix with the almond meal.
- Whisk the chickpea flour egg in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge the tofu in the chickpea flour egg and shake off the excess. Press the tofu onto the pistachio/almond meal mixture and coat well.
- Cook on the stovetop in a nonstick pan or bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.