We’re all going through a strange and tough time and pantry staples are more important than ever. If you’ve got a can of chickpeas on hand, just know there are many different recipes to use them in! Chickpeas are wonderful to stock up on because they are can be fairly cheap to buy canned, or you can get them dry and make a batch of your own. The best part? All of these chickpea recipes are also easy to make from pantry staples! Of course, there are lots of ways you can use chickpeas: you can roast them, process them into hummus, or even sneak them into baked goods! If you want even more chickpea recipes, check out our Chickpea Archives!
If you have dry chickpeas, you can use a high speed blender and grind it into a flour. If you don’t have that on hand, you can use store-bought chickpea flour (also called garbanzo bean flour). The chickpea recipes below are focused mainly on chickpeas themselves, but you can use chickpea flour in many breakfast recipes. If you need more recipes using chickpea flour, check out our Chickpea Flour Archives!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you ideas on how to use a can of chickpeas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, and snacks that are fully vegan and plant-based!
Source: Savory Chickpea Pancakes
It’s easier to incorporate chickpeas into your breakfast if you have chickpea flour on hand. If you have dry chickpeas, you can toss them in your blender and grind them into a flour. (Make sure you’re using a high speed blender.) Incorporating chickpea flour into your breakfast makes it a high protein meal and can be served either sweet or savory. If you don’t have chickpea flour on hand, use your canned chickpeas to make a chickpea scramble!
- Spiced Chickpea Breakfast Scramble by Robin Runner
- Cinnamon Raisin Bars by Marly McMillen: Blogger, Namely Marly
- Savory Chickpea Pancakes by Harriet Porterfield
- Chickpea Flour Breakfast Cookies by Kat Condon
- Chickpea Flour Omelette by Deniz Kilic
Source: Chickpea Tuna Salad
Incorporating chickpeas into your lunch can be so simple! The best part about these recipes is that you can use whatever chickpeas you have on hand, canned or cooked. There are a variety of lunches you can make including ‘tuna’ salad sandwiches, soups, and burgers. And if you have a way you enjoy flavoring your chickpeas, go for it! Add it to sliced bread, or on top of a salad.
- Italian Chickpea Burgers by Wholesome LLC
- Tuscan Kale Chickpea Soup by Shanika Graham-White
- Smoky Chickpeas and Kale Over Baked Sweet Potatoes by Crissy Cavanaugh
- Chickpea Tuna Salad by Gabrielle St. Claire
- Chickpea Corn Salad by Michele Elizabeth
Source: Chickpea Quinoa Meatball Subs
Chickpeas work so well in dinner dishes! You can add sauce to them and serve them over rice, you can add them to curry, and even mash them into falafel or meatballs! Here are five chickpea recipes to inspire you to use your can of chickpeas for dinner!
- Chickpea Shakshouka with Avocados and Fresh Herbs by Lisa Dawn Angerame
- Chickpea Quinoa Meatball Subs by Shanika Graham-White
- Jamaican Jerk Chickpea Stew by Desiree Rodriguez
- Chickpeas in Spicy Sauce by Simona Malerba
- Potato and Chickpea Curry by Laine Rudolfa
Source: Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies
So, chickpeas in desserts sounds odd, but there’s a lot of ways you can use chickpeas in sweet treats! They taste good in cookie doughs, brownies, and cookies. Once you add all the ingredients, you can’t even taste them. Not only that, there are so many other chickpea recipes besides these five that
- Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies by Hannah Sunderani
- Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies by Nicole Dunai
- Chickpea Cinnamon Rolls by Stephanie Davies
- Chocolate Chickpea Cookies by Yana Chistyakova
- Chickpea-nut Butter Ice Cream Cake by Caroline Doucet
Source: Peanut Chickpeas
Snacking on chickpeas is a great way to get in some plant based protein. Plus, with these chickpea recipes, they’re so easy to roast up and crunch on! The good news is that there are a variety of flavor combinations you can use to flavor your chickpeas. You can also make them into crackers, into a delicious spread or fondue, too! The options are endless!
- Peanut Chickpeas by Chickpea Express
- Crunchy Pumpkin Roasted Chickpeas by Kat Condon
- Tuscan Style Chickpea Spread by Lydia Filgueras
- Chickpea Crackers by Melanie Sorrentino
- Chickpea Fondue by Sara Hohn
If you’re looking for even more chickpea recipes, check out our Chickpea Archives! If you’ve got excess chickpea flour, we also have a Chickpea Flour Archive, too!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!