If you want an honest-to-goodness real chocolate chip cookie, this isn’t it. BUT if you want a super easy and delicious high-protein breakfast cookie? Then these vegan chickpea flour breakfast cookies are where it's at!
Chickpea Flour Breakfast Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Mix the cashew butter, flax egg, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in flour and baking soda until dough forms. Add chocolate chips and mix until just incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into hands, roll into a ball, and flatten slightly. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy!