This Easy Clean Chickpea Corn Salad is healthy, quick and easy to make, packed with protein and healthy fats, paired with a chili tahini dressing!
Chickpea Corn Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the salad:
- 1 cup chickpeas (I used about half a can or pre cooked, drained + rinsed)
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh or frozen, can cook or leave raw)
- 1/3 cup onion sliced
- Optional add in’s:
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado chopped up
- sauerkraut (for extra nutrition/probiotics- be sure it’s from the fridge section and not from a can, also ingredients should only be cabbage (or other veggie) water and salt, NO VINEGAR)
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons water (start with 1 and add more if desired a more runny consistency)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of onion powder and black paper
- Add lettuce to a large bowl. Add chickpeas, corn, chopped mushrooms and sliced onion on top.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a separate small bowl, (add water in last) drizzle over top of salad!
For making the dressing add everything except the water into a small bowl and mix really well with a fork or small whisk, at first it will separate and look really funky but keep stirring and it should all come together and and then slowly add the water to thin it out and form a creamy dressing!