Fondue is more than just food, it’s a whole dining experience. In this chickpea fondue, chickpeas take main stage, creating the silky smooth texture for the ooey-gooey dish you know and love. It’s loaded with roasted peppers, warm spices, and nutritional yeast for cheesiness.
Chickpea Fondue [Vegan]
For the Fondue:
- 2 15.5-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white miso
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 4 cups baguette cubes or dry, crusty bread, cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 cups cucumber slices
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine chickpeas, vegetable stock, garlic, peppers, paprika, miso, olive oil, and tahini. Process until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan.
- Over medium heat, heat chickpea mixture and stir in lemon juice and salt. Stir in optional nutritional yeast. Serve hot.
Cooked veggies like broccoli or cauliflower florets, potatoes and brussels sprouts are great options for dipping, too.