What we love about this sammie, is everything! It’s quick easy, contains staple ingredients, can easily be made in bulk, perf for meal prep, affordable, packs flavor, packs texture, protein, fiber, and is non vegan approved to boot! (trying to watch your carbs? its good even without the bread!)
Chickpea Tuna Salad [Vegan]
- 2 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped (use some of the white)
- 1/3 cup relish
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- Throw all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mash using your hand or a fork.
- Chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to let the flavors blend together.
- Serve on buns with whatever toppings you like!