How ready are you to sink your teeth into these Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies? If you’ve never baked with chickpeas before, you are in for a treat, literally! Because contrary to belief, the chickpea is versatile enough to be used in delicious baked goods. Including these healthy and gluten-free chickpea blondies.
Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (15 oz. can)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
How to Prepare Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a food processor add oats. Pulse until flour like substance.
- Next add remaining ingredients: chickpeas, almond butter, canned pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and pumpkin spice. Blend to combine. Remove S-shape blade and add 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Fold into batter.
- Line a square cake pan (I used a 9x9 inch pan / 23cm x 23cm) with parchment paper. Rub the sides with a bit of coconut oil. Pour batter into baking dish and spread to even. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake blondies for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.