Vegan omelette with chickpea flour: a super easy recipe that does not require many ingredients and is prepared in no time at all.
Chickpea Flour Omelette [Vegan]
For the omelette:
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 teaspoon soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Kala Namak salt alternatively "normal" salt *
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil or another oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or a little lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 1/2 cup of chilled chickpea water
- 1 teaspoon locust bean gum or other binder of your choice
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil alternatively another oil of your choice
- 1 cup mushrooms cleaned and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- Salt pepper and chili to taste
- A slice of avocado cut into thin slices
- Lamb's lettuce
- Avocado cut into small cubes
- Lamb's lettuce
- Black sesame seeds
- Fresh basil
- Dressing of choice e.g. 1 to 2 tablespoons of spread of your choice, some plant-based drink and chilli flakes
- A little oil for searing
- Spatula for spreading e.g. made of silicone
For the vegan omelette add chickpea flour, soda, Kala Namak salt, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, spices (1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, pepper and chilli) in a bowl and mix.
For the chickpea "egg white" in a clean container, add the chickpea water and hit with an electric hand mixer for one minute or until a foam has formed. Add the locust bean gum and continue to beat for a few minutes until a kind of fluffy egg whites is produced. Add the chickpea whites to the remaining ingredients, do not mix. The mass should still be frothy.
Heat some oil in a well-coated pan. Put the dough into the pan and immediately spread evenly with a spatula. Fry the chickpea omelette for about 10 minutes over low heat. At regular intervals, carefully spread the dough on the surface With the spatula back and forth. In the meantime, for the filling, sauté the mushrooms in coconut oil and spices (1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, pepper and chilli) for a few minutes and set aside.
The vegan chickpea omeletet is ready when it is fried golden brown, not too soft and the surface is no longer moist. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the omelette in the pan for 1 to 2 minutes. Then place on a plate, distribute the fried mushrooms, avocado slices and corn salad and fold the omelette gently. Top with a dressing of your choice, avocado cubes, black sesame seeds and fresh basil and serve immediately.