These pancakes are made with chickpea flour, which is naturally gluten-free, full of protein, super delicious, and usually pretty cheap compared to other gluten-free flours. These are so tasty and could easily be made into a couple of big pancakes rather than mini ones, you could even fold them over and stuff them like an omelet.
Savory Chickpea Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Savory Chickpea Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Pancakes:
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 avocado
- 1 small handful of thyme
To Make the Chickpeas:
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
To Make the Garlic Cashew Sauce:
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
How to Prepare Savory Chickpea Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Make pancakes by adding all dry ingredients together in a bowl and mixing well with a fork to break up any lumps. Pour in the water slowly, mixing to a thick batter. It should be thick but easily pourable. You may need to use a little more water, depending on your flour. Set aside to chill in the fridge while you make chickpeas.
- Pre-heat oven to 355°F.
- Drain chickpeas and add to a small mixing bowl with spices, oil and salt, and pepper. Stir to coat evenly then transfer to a small roasting tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- To make garlic cashew sauce, add soaked, drained cashews to a food processor with all other ingredients.
- Blend until really smooth and creamy.
- Pre-heat a non-stick skillet or frying pan over medium/hot heat and pour in 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Cook until bubbles appear, flip and repeat on the other side. Keep pancakes warm in the oven with the chickpeas until ready to assemble.
- Layer up pancakes with fresh avocado, roasted chickpeas, fresh thyme, and garlic cashew cream.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving Calories: 236 | Carbs: 21 g | Fat: 16 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 229 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.