These may just be the easiest Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies ever! Made with no gluten or oil, these chickpea chocolate chip cookies are simple, delicious and a healthier alternative to regular cookies!
Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil Free]
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained (398mL or 15 oz)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil Free]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a high-power blender or food processor, process chickpeas until there are no whole pieces/chunks (if your equipment has trouble doing this, add the maple syrup to the chickpeas, the liquid will help it blend).
- If your food processor/blender is powerful and big enough, you can add all remaining ingredients and process/blend until smooth.
- If not add chickpea puree to a bowl and add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoons) scoop dough onto prepped cookie sheet, and flatten using your fingers or the back of a spoon (these cookies won't spread).
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until edges are golden and bottoms begin to brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before devouring
Per Serving: Calories: 102 | Carbs: 18.5 g | Fat: 2.3 g | Protein: 2.5 g | Sodium: 4 mg | Sugar: 9.1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.