Wondering what to eat this Thanksgiving, or even how to prepare for eating a big meal? No worries! This meal plan covers the day before Thanksgiving, some Thanksgiving ideas to make on the day of, and some ideas of what to eat after. From delicious soups, stuffings, and sweet potatoes, this meal plan will keep you both full and satisfied throughout the holiday!
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App – with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
Also, don’t forget to check out our ultimate guide to plant-based recipes for Thanksgiving!
Are you ready to have a week full of awesome Thanksgiving vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts that you can make this Thanksgiving holiday!
Happy-Almost-Thanksgiving! The day before Thanksgiving is pretty important because it’s an intricate balance of finding how much you want to eat today. This guide is just that, a guide. So feel free to add to these meals with an extra greens, or even make a half a serving if needed. You know your body and your needs best! Here are some meal ideas if you’re looking for something that’s both satisfying and delicious, and just filling enough.
- Breakfast: Overnight Porridge Without Oats by Sara Oliveira
- Lunch: Dark Cherry Smoothie Bowl by Kennedy Kitchings
- Dinner: Winter White Bean Chowder With Kale and Coconut Bacon by Christine DesRoches
- Dessert: Strawberry Popsicles by Lena Novak.
Source: Turkey Roll with Stuffing
Happy Thanksgiving! If you’re still looking for some recipes to try, we’ve got you covered. If you’re a person that likes to start cooking in the morning and have dinner at 2pm, then it makes sense to go for a lighter breakfast. If you’re going to eat later in the day, you might want to try something a bit more filling in the morning. So, each breakfast and lunch will have options for you to choose from so you can work out what works best for you!
- Breakfast: Cheesy Tofu Breakfast Bagel by Hailee Repko or for something a bit lighter, try out this Rainbow Juice by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez
- Lunch: This Lentil Loaf With Smoked Paprika Glaze by Lee Khatchadourian-Reese with Rosemary Mashed Potatoes by for a side or try these Green Beans with Lemon Dressing by Melissa Tedesco makes a great mid-day meal. Or you can make cauliflower the centerpiece of the dinner with these Breaded Holiday Cauliflower Steaks by Jasmine Briones or even this Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Vegan Mushroom Croquettes by Taryn Fitz-Gerald! There are so many options fo
- Dinner: If you’re wanting to celebrate with a turkey replacement, try out this Turkey Roll with Stuffing by Plant-Based Meats, Robin Asbell! For more side inspiration, try For drinks inspiration, check out this 5 Great Ideas To Make Your Thanksgiving Drinks Dazzling and Delicious! There are so many options for sides, appetizers, and main dishes!
- Dessert: For pies, you could Sweet Potato Pie by Leah Moldowan or with this version of pumpkin pie and make them into bars with this Pumpkin Pie Bars by Alison Corey! if you’re looking for something less traditional, try out Skillet Apple Crisp With Date Caramel by Gabrielle St. Claire or even this New York Style Cheesecake by Doug McNish!
Source: Baked Kale Falafel
Depending on what time you ate and how you ate, this day might look a little different. You may not feel as hungry in the morning or throughout the day. Listen to your body and give it what it needs. Here are some ideas of what you can eat today! Also check our guide on what to do with all those Thanksgiving leftovers! If you’re looking for some more meal inspiration from those leftovers, this guide has you covered!
- Breakfast: Rainbow Juice by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez and if you’re feeling hungrier, try Sunshine Smoothie by Annie Oliverio
- Lunch: Creamy Pasta Salad by Kris Dee | Mostly Domestic
- Dinner: Baked Kale Falafel by Crissy Cavanaugh
- Dessert: Pumpkin Spice Granola by Taavi Moore
Source: Spinach Crepes
Again, this day might look a little different, especially if your Thanksgiving plans got moved to the weekend. If you’re gearing up for a big dinner later in the evening, you may want to eat something lighter throughout the day, or even grab your favorite snacks. If you’re not eating Thanksgiving this weekend, here are some delicious meals for you to enjoy!
- Breakfast: Spinach Crepes by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler
- Lunch: Masoor Peanut Sauce Dal by Heavenly Vegan Dals and Curries, Rakhee Yadav
- Dinner: Homemade Trofie Pasta by ThePlantbasedSchool
- Dessert: Classic Pecan Pie by Sabrina Estafo
Source: Mediterranean Lentil Salad
Again, depending on your Thanksgiving day plans, this day might look a little different. Remember to nourish your body well! If you’re looking for some delicious breakfasts, lunches, and dinners to enjoy on this Sunday, try out these! Also, check our guide on what to do with all those Thanksgiving leftovers!
- Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Pancakes by Hayley Canning
- Lunch: Mediterranean Lentil Salad by Allie Penner
- Dinner: Quinoa Pilaf with Spicy Tempeh and Broccoli by Pavani Nandula
- Dessert: Grapefruit Cardamom Oatmeal by Lauren Smith
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!