Thanksgiving is all about the food for sure, but drinks are an important component of any holiday and any celebration. If you are looking for the perfect fireside cocoa drink or cocktail or coffee to serve with your dessert, you are in the right place! We searched our Food Monster App to bring you the best Thanksgiving drinks.
Source: Winter Sangria [Vegan]
Cocktails, if made right, can be a hit and make your holidays all the more exciting and enjoyable. Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez’s Pumpkin Spice Martini truly captures the fall spirit with hints of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. Make sure to keep Dawn Kriss’ recipe for Spiced and Spiked Apple Cider away from the kids but feel free to sip as much of this feisty drink as you want! After a long day of cooking, Lindsey Auerbach has you covered with her Crisp and Refreshing Ginger Beer Mocktail. Or if you prefer, make your own Homemade Ginger Beer with Elena Szeliga’s spicy and fizzy recipe. For a classier cocktail, check out this festive Winter Sangria by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez.
2. Hot Chocolate
Hot chocolate is an all-around crowd-pleaser for fussy kids and picky grandmothers alike. And there are so many variations to this classic holiday drink – feel free to add your own twist. If you are in a rush, check out Claire Ragozzino’s Instant Chai Hot Chocolate Mix made from superfoods and warming spices. Another option for those in a time crunch is this Quick and Easy Hot Chocolate by Dawn Kriss. For a richer drink option, Kat Condon’s recipe for Thick and Creamy Hot Chocolate contains a secret ingredient that gives it that silky and filling texture that you are bound to fall in love with. Is anyone already looking forward to December? We got you covered with this scrumptious Eggnog Hot Chocolate by Kat Condon. And finally, for a warm and cozy fireside option, Rachel Carr’s Hot Chocolate With Maca and Tonic Herbs pairs beautifully with fortifying herbs for the ultimate fall cocoa drink!
3. Coffee Drinks
After a long Thanksgiving meal, all some people need is a kick of caffeine to keep the night going! After all, it is Thanksgiving. You need that little kick before you dig back into that leftover pie or mashed potato dish. We got you covered. For chocolate lovers, this 5 ingredient Nutella Milk by Harriet Porterfield is smooth, creamy, and naturally sweetened with dates and vanilla. Or this earthy and sweet Hot Chocolate ‘Macacciano’ by Laine Rudolfa. On a paleo diet? No worries! Check out this Paleo Caramel Macchiato recipe by Sabrina Estafo. The coffee and vegan salted caramel sauce becomes inseparable as they mix to craft this esteemed, warm beverage. Kat Condon’s Toasted Caramel Frappe is an incredible drink loaded with a homemade vegan caramel sauce and sprinkled with freshly toasted coconut. And if you are looking to sneak in some protein into your post-meal drink, Logan Dunn & Lexus Osman’s High Protein Caramel Cappuccino is creamy, frothy, caramel packed.
Gratitude: Plant-Based Thanksgiving Cookbook
No other holiday captures the spirit of home cooking the way Thanksgiving does. This is why you need the ultimate Thanksgiving cookbook, One Green Planet’s Gratitude: Plant-Based Recipes to Create your own Thanksgiving Tradition! In the cookbook, you’ll find our 100 most popular plant-based thanksgiving recipes like Soft Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts, Spiced Apple Cake with Cashew Frosting, Sweet Potato Chocolate Pudding with Nut Crumble Topping, Cinnamon Apple Hand Pies, and hearty entrees like Roast Root Vegetable Stack With Dukkah, Vegducken: Butternut Squash Stuffed With Eggplant, Zucchini, and a Mushroom Lentil Stuffing, and Seitan Roast With Sausage and Pear Stuffing and Apple Cider Gravy and so much more!
For a milkier and creamier, more filling but still caffeinated option, lattes are the way to go. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are a classic fall drink. Larice Feuerstein’s Pumpkin Spice Syrup For Lattes will give any of your drinks a delicious spicy-sweet pumpkin flavor. For a heartier option, Natasha Minocha’s Oatmeal Latte is a healthy shot of caffeine without any refined sugar. With the matcha craze in full drive, this Matcha Latte with Coconut Milk by Laura Kuklase is delicious, healthy, and vibrant! For a bit of spice, this Spiced Chai Latte by Tiana Haines is like giving yourself a big hug. And again for more of a pumpkin flavor, enjoy this incredible Pumpkin Spice Latte with Homemade Pumpkin Seed Milk by Courtney West.
For a pre-meal drink or a refresher after your Thanksgiving feast, juices are the best way to go. They come in such a wide variety – something for anyone and everyone. And feel free to add your twist to these delish juices. If it is particularly cold outside, Courtney Klumper’s Warming Winter Tonic is warming, healing, and perfect if you need a little boost when you’re coming down with a cold. Also on a healing note, this Chia Ginger Fresca recipe by Jesse Lane Lee has nausea-busting properties from ginger and lemon, lots of immune-boosting vitamin C, and tons of digestion-enhancing fiber from the chia seeds. For a brightly colored drink to add to your spread, Shannon Leparski’s amazing Turmeric Glow Lemonade is the way to go. In a rush? Quickly whip up this 2-Ingredient Honeycrisp Apple Spritzer by Rachael Hutchings. Finally, Nita Ragoonanan’s recipe for Refreshing Peach Juice is perfectly sweet, fresh, and tasty!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!