Sweet potato steals the spotlight from pumpkin in this wonderful pie. Top it with pecans and coconut whipped cream to really wow your guests.
Sweet Potato Pie [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Sweet Potato Pie [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 firm banana, preferably refrigerated
For the Filling:
- 2 cups baked sweet potatoes, skin removed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup aquafaba
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
How To Make Sweet Potato Pie [Vegan]
To Bake the Sweet Potatoes:
- Cut two medium sweet potatoes in half, place on a parchment-lined baking tray, and bake at 425°F until soft, about 30-40 min. Let cool a bit before making the filling.
To Make the Pie:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a pie pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- To make the crust, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. If it seems a little too wet, add in more flour until you have a dough that is not sticky/tacky at all.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll out as thin as you need for it to fit the pie pan.
- Place in the pie pan and set aside as you prepare the filling.
- In a blender or food processor, blend together all filling ingredients except for the cornstarch. Blend/process until smooth and creamy. Add in the cornstarch and blend a little longer.
- Pour into the pie crust and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then let chill in the fridge overnight.
- Once it has set, slice, serve, and enjoy!
- Sweet Potato
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1535 | Total Carbs: 270 g | Total Fat: 44 g | Total Protein: 30 g | Total Sodium: 148 g | Total Sugar: 70 g Calculation not including aquafaba.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Phyllis Lukas Dennison