Flavorful, tender and moist without being sticky. The smoked paprika glaze adds a really nice touch, too. I think this is my best vegan meatloaf yet.
Lentil Loaf With Smoked Paprika Glaze [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Loaf:
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup shredded potato (about 1 medium potato)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the flax meal in the warm water and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and add the onion and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until starting to get very soft. Add the garlic and cook a minute or two longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the loaf ingredients including the flax meal and water mixture into a large bowl. Re-season with salt and pepper and stir until well mixed.
- Turn the meatloaf mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix the ketchup with the smoked paprika and brush the top of the loaf.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes to cool before removing from the pan.