Flavorful, tender, and moist without being sticky, this vegan lentil meatloaf is super tasty. The smoked paprika glaze adds a really nice touch. This might be your favorite vegan meatloaf yet. It's mostly made of lentils, oats, potatoes, celery, and tomato sauce. All you have to do is combine the ingredients and bake it in the oven––so easy! This vegan lentil meatloaf is great to serve at family dinner with a side of veggies and potatoes! Or meal prep it for your week!
Lentil Loaf With Smoked Paprika Glaze [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Loaf:
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup shredded potato (about 1 medium potato)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the flax meal in the warm water and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and add the onion and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until starting to get very soft. Add the garlic and cook a minute or two longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the loaf ingredients including the flax meal and water mixture into a large bowl. Re-season with salt and pepper and stir until well mixed.
- Turn the meatloaf mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix the ketchup with the smoked paprika and brush the top of the loaf.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes to cool before removing from the pan.