Nothing goes better with mushroom gravy than a big ole bowl of vegan mashed potatoes. Perfect for any holiday family gathering or just as a dish to go with your dinner tonight. Even though these vegan mashed potatoes are oil and butter-free they are still extremely creamy and delicious. Yum!
Rosemary Mashed Potatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4-5 Medium Golden Potatoes
- 1 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk or Vegan Milk
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper, to Taste
- Start by boiling some water in a pot and peeling and cubing the potatoes. Once they’re cubed, add the potatoes to boiling water.
- The potatoes should be done when you can easily stick a fork through them. Once they’re ready, strain them and add them to a large bowl with all the spices.
- Then add in the vegan milk 1/4 a cup at a time. I use full-fat coconut milk to get a really creamy texture, but you can use any vegan milk you’d like.
- Use either an immersion blender or potato masher to mash the potatoes and keep adding milk slowly until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately with my creamy mushroom gravy recipe, and enjoy!
- Yellow/Yukon Gold Potato