Staying hydrated has many benefits; it basically helps our entire body to function as best it can. But, have you ever thought of getting your water from the foods you eat? It can really be as simple as snacking on some celery, cucumber, or cantaloupe. It can also be incorporating more water into your day, as well. These foods include oranges, pineapples, cucumbers, celery, and peaches. Any food with a high water content will be hydrating, and it’s best to consume these foods in their whole form to get the most out of them nutritionally. Along with staying hydrated, you also want to make sure that you’re eating enough food to fuel your body properly. Some of these meals will be filling on their own, but feel free to use it as a side and add your favorite protein to it!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you hydrating meals to enjoy for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Start your week off with these hydrating foods! You can even make a bottle of infused water to sip on throughout the day. The best thing about infused water is that you can make it any flavor you’d like, from cucumber and mint to lemon and ginger. It’ll go great with these hydrating meals!
- Breakfast: Coconut Cucumber Smoothie by The 25 Day Ayurveda Cleanse, by Kerry Harling
- Lunch: Farro, Arugula and Cantaloupe Salad by Julie Zimmer
- Dinner: Black Beans with Corn and Tomato Relish by Kelly Jaggers
- Dessert: Copycat Dole Whip by Holly Jade
Smoothie bowls and soup are wonderful ways to help your body stay hydrated throughout the day! We’ve provided a smoothie bowl that has cantaloupe in it, but if you’re wondering other ways to add hydrating foods to your smoothie, you can add celery or even coconut water to your smoothies. Along with staying hydrated, you also want to make sure that you’re eating enough food to fuel your body properly. For dinner, this cucumber salad will be delicious, but feel free to add your favorite protein to eat alongside it!
- Breakfast: Cantaloupe Rose Smoothie Bowl With Blueberry Cream by Mark Reinfeld
- Lunch: Gigante Bean Soup with Celery and Olives by America’s Test Kitchen
- Dinner: Vietnamese Cucumber Salad with Cilantro and Roasted Peanuts by Nadine Horn and Jörg Mayer
- Dessert: Lemon Yogurt Poppy Seed Loaf by Julie Zimmer
If you’ve never tried buffalo chickpea tacos, this is your time! These tacos pack a lot of protein and include celery ranch sauce that adds a beautiful cooling taste to the dish. Although the sauce includes celery, you might want to add a few sticks to munch on the side for even more hydration.
- Breakfast: Polenta Frittata With Mushroom, Tomato, and Basil by Hannah Sunderani
- Lunch: Buffalo Chickpea Tacos With Celery Ranch Sauce by Vegan Richa’s Everyday Kitchen: Epic Anytime Recipes with a World of Flavor
- Dinner: Sweet and Spicy Watermelon Curry by Anuja Kohli Mariwala
- Dessert: Rosé-Soaked Peaches by Sheela Prakash
Source: Watermelon Quinoa Kale Salad
This salad packs a punch of deliciousness and flavor, and with the watermelon included, makes for a hydrating meal! This salad includes massaged kale, quinoa, and a bit of mint to bring out the flavors. End your day with these wonderful cranberry orange cookies!
- Breakfast: Hummus and Tomato Bruschetta by Harriet Porterfield
- Lunch: Watermelon Quinoa Kale Salad by Lauren Kirchmaier
- Dinner: Cucumber Tomato Salad with Creamy Garlic Dressing by Kristina Humphreys
- Dessert: Cranberry Orange Cookies by Hayley Canning
Happy Friday! The end of the week calls for one more day of hydrating meals! These include a wonderfully delicious peach smoothie, zucchini fritters, and a refreshing watermelon frose, because what better way to welcome in the weekend than with a bit of party in your cup! Of course, feel free to omit the alcohol for a lovely, sweet treat!
- Breakfast: Breakfast Oats Peach Smoothie by Kristina Jug & Mitja Bezenšek
- Lunch: Zucchini Fritters with Vegan Cucumber Raita by Katia Martin
- Dinner: Cauliflower Biryani With Tomato Cucumber Raita by Alenoosh Matakupan
- Dessert: Watermelon Frosé by Karen Sheer
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.