This hummus and tomato bruschetta is bursting with flavor and ready in less than 20 minutes. A delicious lunch or light dinner. The hummus recipe is a staple in my kitchen and will make enough for 2 jars full. The marinade for the tomatoes is simply basil, olive oil, and salt, which really brings out their juicy flavor.
Hummus and Tomato Bruschetta [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Hummus and Tomato Bruschetta [Vegan]
For the Hummus:
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1/8 cup aquafaba (liquid from the tin of chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup Italian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For Tomato Bruschetta
- 4 slices sourdough
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Small bunch basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
How to Prepare Hummus and Tomato Bruschetta [Vegan]
- Add cherry tomatoes, basil, olive oil, and sea salt to a small bowl. Stir well and allow to marinate for 10 mins.
- Add all hummus ingredients to a food processor and blitz until smooth. Taste and adjust as required, adding more lemon juice or salt as needed. Toast or grill sourdough and rub with the clove of garlic. Top with hummus and marinated tomatoes.
- Keep leftover hummus refrigerated in a jar for up to a week.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.