Only nine simple ingredients are needed to whip up these cranberry orange cookies. These cookies have the perfect texture, crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. With orange zest, cranberry juice, and walnuts, this is a quick and easy recipe that you can whip up from ingredients found in most kitchen cupboards in no time.
Cranberry Orange Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup butter softened (coconut oil will also work)
- 1 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons cranberry juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, coconut sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg until well blended
- Mix in the orange zest and cranberry juice
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix until combined
- Mix in the cranberries and walnuts until evenly distributed.
- Place tablespoons of the dough onto prepared cookie sheets, the cookies will spread so leave a 2-inch gap between each cookie
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are golden brown
- Leave to cool completely before enjoying.