Frosé is the super trendy wine-based slushie that’s cold and refreshing! Put a fruity spin on the drink by adding in chunks of frozen watermelon to make it extra frosty. This recipe also adds coconut milk, lime juice, and raspberry purée.
Watermelon Frosé [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Frosé:
- 3/4 bottle Rosé wine, chilled
- 6 cups fresh watermelon, deseeded
- 2 tablespoons raspberry puree (use 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries)
- 3 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- White rum, to taste
For the Garnish:
- Small watermelon chunks
- Lime slices
- Mint leaves
- Cut watermelon into large chunks and discard all black seeds; small white seeds are acceptable.
- Open the can of coconut milk and stir well with a fork.
- Pour into an ice cube freezer tray/ Freeze until firm overnight in a plastic bag.
- Place the raspberries in a glass dish, add 3 tablespoons of the pure cane sugar. Microwave 30 seconds, stir up, add to microwave for 10 more seconds, and stir up again. The raspberries should be softened and the sugar dissolved.
- Strain the raspberries through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl pushing on the solids with a spoon to release the puree into the bowl. Discard seeds.
- Pour 3/4 of a chilled bottle of Rosé wine in the carafe of a blender.
- Add the frozen watermelon, coconut milk cubes, raspberry purée, and 1 teaspoon lime juice.
- Blend on low speed, quickly raise to the highest speed. and whirl until smooth and thick.
- Pour into individual glasses. Top each with a good shot of white rum.
- Garnish with a wedge of watermelon, lime slice, raspberry, and a mint sprig. Use 4-inch skewer to thread.