They work great for breakfast, as a snack, a workout recovery, lunch, or even dinner. These little fritters can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or you could even freeze them.
Zucchini Fritters with Vegan Cucumber Raita [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Zucchini Fritters with Vegan Cucumber Raita [Vegan]
For the Fritters:
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup onion, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 can (14oz or 398 ml) chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch salt and pepper
Cucumber Raita (Indian Cucumber Salad) Ingredients
- 1 cup English cucumber, finely cubed
- 1 cup vegan plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
How To Make Zucchini Fritters with Vegan Cucumber Raita [Vegan]
For the Fritters:
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat add coconut oil, zucchini, onion, and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, or until soft.
- Then, add spinach until wilted approximately 2-3 minutes. Strain then gently dry with a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- To a large mixing bowl, add chickpeas and mash with a potato masher or the back of a fork until your chickpeas are uniform. Then, add your sautéed veggies, cornmeal, and seasoning. Roll up your sleeves and get in with your hands to produce a well-combined mixture. It should tacky yet mouldable mixture. Add more cornmeal as needed.
- Form into 1-inch-thick by 4 in in diameter patties.
- Over medium-high heat, add oil to the pan. Then, when it sizzles add in your fritters without crowding. Fry until brown, approx. 4 minutes on each side.
For the Cucumber Raita:
- In a small bowl, add all your ingredients for the Cucumber Raita.
- Top raita over your fritters and serve!
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile