They work great for breakfast, as a snack, a workout recovery, lunch, or even dinner. These little fritters can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or you could even freeze them.
Zucchini Fritters with Vegan Cucumber Raita [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Zucchini Fritters with Vegan Cucumber Raita [Vegan]
For the Fritters:
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup onion, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 can (14oz or 398 ml) chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch salt and pepper
Cucumber Raita (Indian Cucumber Salad) Ingredients
- 1 cup English cucumber, finely cubed
- 1 cup vegan plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
How to Prepare Zucchini Fritters with Vegan Cucumber Raita [Vegan]
For the Fritters:
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat add coconut oil, zucchini, onion, and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, or until soft.
- Then, add spinach until wilted approximately 2-3 minutes. Strain then gently dry with a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- To a large mixing bowl, add chickpeas and mash with a potato masher or the back of a fork until your chickpeas are uniform. Then, add your sautéed veggies, cornmeal, and seasoning. Roll up your sleeves and get in with your hands to produce a well-combined mixture. It should tacky yet mouldable mixture. Add more cornmeal as needed.
- Form into 1-inch-thick by 4 in in diameter patties.
- Over medium-high heat, add oil to the pan. Then, when it sizzles add in your fritters without crowding. Fry until brown, approx. 4 minutes on each side.
For the Cucumber Raita:
- In a small bowl, add all your ingredients for the Cucumber Raita.
- Top raita over your fritters and serve!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.