Sometimes it can be overwhelming going plant-based. Recipes seem to be filled with ingredients that are hard to track down or that you’ve never heard before. So, where do you start if you don’t know where to start? Or, if you don’t want to start buying things for your kitchen, this is the meal plan for you. This meal plan focuses on the basics and gives you exactly where you need to start in your plant-based journey. These recipes focus on fresh fruits and vegetables and pantry staples that you probably have in your kitchen already. All you need are lots of plants, vegan butter, canned beans, and some tofu to get started!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you plant-based meals that are super simple and packed with plants for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Happy Monday! Start your day off with these wonderfully easy sweet potato scones that come together without much effort. If you’re also looking for an easy lunch, this cozy winter salad is just for you! End the day with these easy peanut butter cookies!
- Breakfast: Sweet Potato Scones by Helyn Dunn
- Lunch: Cozy Winter Salad with Crispy Tofu and Rice by Caroline Doucet
- Dinner: Delicata Squash Stew With Chickpeas and Quinoa by Jodi Kay
- Dessert: Easy Peanut Butter Cookies by Laine Rudolfa
On this Tuesday, celebrate the second day of the week with these simple meals. Start your day with these easy pancakes that just take some pantry staples. (If you don’t have pastry flour, try using all-purpose flour.) End the day on a sweet note with these crinkle cookies!
- Breakfast: Easy Weekend Morning Pancakes by Wholesome LLC
- Lunch: Crispy Tofu Nuggets by Attila Hildmann
- Dinner: Sage, Onion, and White Bean Soup by Rosie Newton and Dillon Sivyour
- Dessert: Chocolate Crinkle Sandwich Cookies by Kristen Genton
It’s the middle of the week and that means that you may be looking for some extra oompf to get through the week. Start your day off with this delicious parfait! Enjoy this simple falafel for lunch and end your day with nice cream made with frozen bananas!
- Breakfast: Healthy Chunky Monkey Pudding Parfait by Kat Condon
- Lunch: Baked Carrot Falafel by Mitra Shirmohammadi
- Dinner: Taco Bowl With Turmeric Chickpeas by Selva Wohlgemuth
- Dessert: Mocha Nice Cream by Natalie Martin MS, RD and Lexie Staten MS, RD
Source: Easy Rainbow Bruschetta
On this Thursday, you’ll still be able to eat plant-based with these easy meals! These banana muffins come together with simple ingredients and taste delicious! They’re perfect for breakfast to make for the week, or even to have as a sweet treat. End the day with a skillet pasta that’s packed with kale and flavor!
- Breakfast: Peanut Butter Banana Muffins by Wholesome LLC
- Lunch: Easy Rainbow Bruschetta by Heather Larson
- Dinner: Kale and Mushroom Skillet Pasta by Kristen Genton
- Dessert: Sweet Potato Brownies by Bila
Happy Friday! End the week with this delicious avocado toast! If you don’t have hemp seeds to garnish, it’s okay! This avocado toast can be enjoyed without the hemp seeds or if you don’t have beans on hand, skip those as well. End the day with these easy squash boats and celebrate the weekend with these easy oatcakes!
- Breakfast: Garlicky White Bean Avocado Toast with BBQ Drizzle by The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook, Jenn Sebestyen
- Lunch: Kale and Avocado Salad by Rouxbe
- Dinner: Easy Mexican Spaghetti Squash Boats by Wholesome LLC
- Dessert: Easy Nova Scotia Oatcakes by Caroline Doucet
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!