It is sweet tomato, balsamic and garlic-y deliciousness, and this recipe is no exception. It’s also so quick and easy, but the rainbow colours make it look extra fancy… what’s not to love?!
Easy Rainbow Bruschetta [Vegan]
- 4-5 medium tomatoes (approx.), diced, in this case, rainbow coloured ones
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced but save one whole one, you’ll find out what that one’s for later
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green onions (white and green part), chopped, OR 1 shallot, OR 1/4 white or red onion,
- a handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced (or more…)
- Chop up all of your ingredients so that they’re ready to go.
- Combine tomatoes, minced garlic, balsamic, olive oil, onion, and 3/4 of your basil in a bowl. Lightly tossing together until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast your sliced baguette in the oven. You can brush them with a little bit of olive oil as well if you wish
- Cut your whole garlic clove in half, when your toast is ready and golden brown, pull it out of the oven and rub the cut side of the garlic on each piece of toast to add some additional yummy, garlic flavour. Skip this step if you’re not a garlic fan though!
- Top your toasted baguette with 1-2 tablespoons of your bruschetta mix, and sprinkle with the last of your chopped basil.
- You can also top with some more salt and pepper if needed, some balsamic glaze if you wish, or even some vegan parm if you’re feeling really fancy.