These brownies are fudgy and wonderful to enjoy with a glass of your favorite cold non-dairy milk!
Sweet Potato Brownies [Vegan]
For the Brownies:
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and peeled
- 2/3 cup oat flour (or sub all purpose)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or use any other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup dates (soaked in hot water for 10 min)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Toppings:
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a parchment lined baking tray.
- Add the sweet potato, dates, maple syrup, vanilla, olive oil and peanut butter into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the cocoa powder, salt, chocolate chips and baking powder and give it a good mix.
- Add the oat flour and mix until a thick batter is achieved.
- Transfer to the baking tray and spread into an even layer.
- Add the toppings and bake in the center of the oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool then serve!