These muffins are perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert!
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins [Vegan]
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, creamy
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, original almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or peanuts, or chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line your muffin tin with paper liners, or lightly grease. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add the milk, banana, and vanilla and mix until well blended. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until combined--be careful not to overmix. Fold in the nuts or chocolate chips (or both!).
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tin. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the center of the muffin. Let the muffins cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile