This creamy roasted onion, sage, and white bean soup is a perfect showstopping soup to start off your holiday party or simply to keep you happy, healthy, and warm through the winter!
Sage, Onion, and White Bean Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 pounds white onions
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cans white beans
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons chopped sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°F.
- Peel and quarter your onions. Place them in a roasting tin along with your garlic—drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
- Bring the stock to a boil, add the beans, almond milk, and 1 tablespoon of the sage.
- Bring the stock back to a simmer, then remove from the heat.
- Once the onions are roasted and soft, remove from the oven and place in a blender along with the stock and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the sage and serve with a little drizzle of olive or truffle oil and a sprig of sage.